Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Roasted chickpeas
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet and evenly spread with cauliflower florets. Spray florets with avocado oil spray. Slice off top of garlic head and drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil. Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 30 minutes, turning cauliflower halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tsp. olive oil over medium-heat heat in cast-iron dutch oven or medium-large stock pot. Add diced onions and sauté for about 10 minutes, until onion starts to become translucent. Add vegetable broth, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and garlic into broth and bring back to a boil. Let simmer on low for additional 5 minutes until cauliflower begins to fall apart.
- Add soup into a blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Serve soup immediately, topping with roasted chickpeas and sliced green onions, or your favorite toppings.