I am thrilled to have been voted as one of the Best Nutritionists/Dietitians of 2018 by Austin Fit Magazine! The winners were announced in the December 2018 print issue of Austin Fit Magazine.
I was voted one of the top 3 Nutritionists/Dietitians in Austin, Texas. This is my first time being on the list, and I am extremely honored! While I have been a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2013, I am in my first year of my owning my business, Brooke Zigler Nutrition. I am very humbled to have received such a honor in my first year of private practice. Thank you to everyone who voted for me!
Make sure to pick up a copy of the December 2018 issue of Austin Fit Magazine to find out all of the other winners, too!
Pumpkin Sage Cauliflower Crust Manicotti
- 2 packages Outer Aisle Gourmet Cauliflower Sandwich Thins
- 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp. Melanie’s Medleys Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped sage
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest Alfredo Sauce (1/2 cup to coat lasagna pan and 1/2 cup to spread on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat lasagna pan with 1/2 cup sauce.
- In medium bowl, add ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, egg, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Place ricotta mixture into each cauliflower sandwich thin, evenly distributing mixture into the 12 sandwich thins.
- Carefully roll each sandwich thin over with the ricotta mixture and place open side face down on the lasagna pan.
- Spread remaining alfredo sauce over each manicotti and sprinkle with a pinch of mozzarella, parmesan, and sage.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Disclosure: I received free samples of Melanie’s Medleys Cream Cheese to develop this recipe. Use code BROOKEZ18 for $15 off your order.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Mini Loaves
Yields 12 mini loaves
- 6 scoops F-Factor 20/20 Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. milled flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup siggi’s plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk or any milk
- 2 tbsp. FiberYum syrup or any fiber syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple cut into 1/4- inch chopped pieces (1 cup chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray 12-cup brownie pan.
- In large bowl, combine F-Factor 20/20 powder, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In small bowl, whisk 2 eggs. In medium bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, flax milk, FiberYum syrup, and vanilla extract. Add whisked eggs into medium bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold chopped apple pieces into batter.
- Evenly distribute batter into each brownie tin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Disclosure: Manitoba Milling Co. provided me with a free sample of their flax milk to develop this recipe.