Pad Thai with Zucchini and Squash Noodles
Ingredients for Pad Thai:
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 medium yellow squash, spiralized
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp PB2
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- In medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Spiralize zucchinis and yellow squash. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, coat tofu with cornstarch, covering all sides.
- On high heat, add 2 tsp oil to large skillet. Add tofu and stir constantly for 5 minutes, until all sides of tofu have browned. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp of oil to skillet. Add onions, stirring constantly for 2 minutes until light brown. Remove onions from pan and set aside with tofu.
- Add 2 tsp oil to skillet. Add eggs and reduce heat to medium heat. Create a thin, flat omelette. When eggs have cooked, chop up into small pieces. Remove eggs from pan and set aside with tofu and onions.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add zucchini and squash noodles to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Add sauce and stir into noodles.
- Add green onions and stir into noodles.
- Add tofu, onions, and eggs to noodles and stir for 1 minute until ingredients are mixed well.
- Serve in bowl and garnish with peanuts, chopped cilantro, and wedge of lime (or add any preferred toppings).