Healthy Chicken Pho with Shirataki Noodles
- 8 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inch piece)
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 packages of Angel Hair Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- Optional Garnishes: lime, cilantro, green onions-sliced into 1/4 inch pieces, bean sprouts, Thai basil, jalepeno, red onion, thinly sliced
- In large pot, add chicken broth, cloves, star anise, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, sriracha, and hoisin sauce. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain shirataki noodles. Dry them out in a frying pan on high heat. Set aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cloves, star anise, and cinnamon stick from soup.
- Add soup to bowls.
- Shred the desired amount of chicken from the whole rotisserie chicken and add to the soup bowls.
- Add shirataki noodles to soup bowls.
- Serve soup and top with desired garnishes.