Grilled Zucchini Lasagna with Vodka Sauce
- 5 zucchinis cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese (for cheese mix) and 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (or any Italian seasoning)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar of vodka sauce (or marinara)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grill both sides of the zucchini slices until you have light grill marks.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste). Mix well.
- Coat bottom of 13×9 inch lasagna pan with sauce and layer with zucchini slices.
- Spread half of cheese mixture over the zucchini. Layer zucchini slices in opposite direction. Spread remaining cheese mixture over zucchini. Layer remaining zucchini slices in opposite direction and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake uncovered with 40 minutes. Broil on high for 3 minutes until cheese is bubbling.