Caramelized Onion Dip with Parmesan Zucchini Chips
Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 white or yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tub Melanie’s Medleys Chive Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Optional garnishes: freshly chopped chives
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over low heat. Add onions, salt, pepper, and chili powder to pan and sauté over low heat for 45-50 minutes, until onions brown.
- Place cooked onions in food processor and blend until pureed.
- Warm cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and onion powder into medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Add onions to mixture and stir to combine . Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve at room temperature.
Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchinis (or 3 small), cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pulverized GG crackers (4 GG crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with wax paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Toss zucchini slices with salt in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes to dry out zucchini. Drain any excess water.
- Add olive oil to zucchini and toss.
- Combine pulverized GG’s, parmesan cheese, and pepper into a separate bowl.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the GG mixture and coat both sides. Place each slice on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning over each slice after 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in air-tight container.
Disclosure: I received free samples of cream cheese from Melanie’s Medleys to create this recipe.