Black Bottom Cupcakes
Yields 12 Cupcakes
- 6 scoops F-Factor 20/20 Chocolate Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup siggi’s plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup flax milk (or any milk)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For cream cheese filling
- 4 oz. Melanie’s Medleys Plain Cream Cheese or any plain cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Pyure liquid stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray 12- count muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine F-Factor 20/20 powder, coconut flour, flaxseed, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- In small bowl, whisk 2 eggs. In medium bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract. Add whisked eggs into medium bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into each muffin mold.
- In small bowl, add cream cheese filling ingredients and mix until smooth. Evenly distribute cream cheese filling on top of batter. With a knife or toothpick, swirl together batter and cream cheese filling.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Melanie’s Medley’s provided free samples of their cream cheese to develop this recipe. Save $15 off your order using code BROOKEZ18.