Raspberry Chia Jam
Adapted from a The Kitchn recipe
- 2 cups raspberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp fiber syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place chopped raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook fruit until it becomes syrupy, approximately 5-10 minutes. Mash the raspberries.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add in lemon juice and fiber syrup and mix well.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Let the jam sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer jam to jar or other storage container. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Everything Bagel GG Waffle Sandwich
Inspired by the original F-Factor Pancake/Waffle
- 1/3 cup pulverized GG crackers
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- couple of dashes of Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning (plus additional for topping)
- 2 tbsp Melanie’s Medleys Scallion Cream Cheese
- 1 scrambled egg
- Preheat waffle maker on medium high heat.
- In medium bowl, add pulverized GG crackers and cinnamon. Mix together. Add in egg whites, milk, and vanilla. Mix ingredients together. Add a couple of dashes of Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning, to taste.
- Place half of the batter in the waffle maker. Cook waffle. Remove waffle and set aside. Repeat for second waffle with remaining batter.
- Scramble one egg in a small skillet.
- Spread scallion cream on each waffle. Top one waffle with the scrambled egg. Set one waffle on top of the other waffle and make a sandwich. Cut sandwich in half and top with additional seasoning, if desired.
Disclosure: I received free samples of cream cheese from Melanie’s Medleys to create this recipe.