Zucchini Lasagna Boats
- 4 zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (1 cup for boat filling and 1/2 cup to coat lasagna pan)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat lasagna pan with 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
- Use melon baller or spoon to scoop out zucchini flesh leaving zucchini 1/4 inch thick. Line zucchini boats in lasagna pan.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly add cheese mixture to each zucchini boat. Top each boat with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 15 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Garnish each zucchini boat with parmesan cheese and chopped basil.