Spiralized Zucchini and Parmesan Waffles
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 1/2 cup pulverized GG crackers (6 crackers)
- 1/2 tsp oregano (or any Italian seasoning)
- salt and pepper
- non-stick spray for waffle maker
- Place spiralized zucchini in colander, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place zucchini in cheese cloth or dish towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and parmesan cheese.
- In small bowl, combine pulverized GG crackers, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add contents of small bowl to medium bowl and stir well. Add zucchini to bowl and combine.
- Preheat waffle maker to highest setting and coat with nonstick spray.
- Scoop large spoonful of mixture into center of waffle maker. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes (use waffle maker indicator light to let you know when it is ready). Repeat for remaining waffles (depending on size of waffle, you should yield approximately 6 small waffles).
- Top with grated parmesan and serve with marinara or your preferred dipping sauce.