Inside Out Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 1 pound lean grass-fed ground beef
- 2 ounces Banza chickpea spaghetti
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup pulverized GG crackers (6 crackers)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (or any Italian seasoning)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Optional garnishes: fresh basil and parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add ground beef, pulverized GG crackers, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients until throughly mixed.
- Form meat into 2-inch meatballs. Form approximately 14-15 meatballs. Flatten eat meatball into a patty.
- Use chopsticks or fork to twirl a few strands of spaghetti into a nest. Place each nest into the center of the meat patty and then roll back into a meatball, making sure that the spaghetti stays inside of the meatball.
- To cook meatballs in sauce, bring marinara sauce to a simmer and add to sauce pan. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until meatballs are cooked.
- To bake meatballs in oven, arrange meatballs on lined baking sheet coated with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce, freshly chopped basil, and grated parmesan if desired.