Baked Cavatappi with Ricotta
- 1 box Banza Cavatappi
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of marinara sauce plus 1/2 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook cavatappi al dente. Set aside.
- Add ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and Italian seasoning to a medium bowl. Combine all ingredients.
- Add cooked cavatappi to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Add marinara sauce to cheese and cavatappi and mix well.
- Spray a 1.3L baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add cheese and cavatappi mixture to baking dish and spread evenly. Top with remaining sauce and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.