I’m Brooke, an Austin, Texas-based Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). My interest in living a healthy lifestyle developed my senior year of college. I weighed nearly 200 pounds and had very high cholesterol, and eventually had to be put on a statin. My diet consisted of having a bagel for breakfast (if I even ate breakfast that day), the all-you-can-eat buffet in the dining hall at college, and some sort of pasta dish for dinner. I really had no idea how to eat healthy, but I knew I needed to make a change. I eventually enrolled in Weight Watchers and wound up losing over 65 pounds. It changed my life completely and made me fall in love with the field of nutrition. After working for several years in healthcare policy for a non-profit and as a consultant, I eventually quit my full-time job to go back to school to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. My plan was to counsel others about nutrition and healthy living while helping them to achieve their own goals.
I completed my Dietetic Internship through the University of Houston. I fulfilled my clinical rotation at TIRR Memorial Hermann where I practiced medical nutrition therapy for patients with traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. I also completed a clinical and food service rotation at a skilled nursing facility where I worked with patients with various medical conditions including Alzheimers disease, dementia, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, and cardiovascular disease.
After the successful completion of my dietetic internship and passing my exams to become an RDN, I moved to Austin and gave birth to my daughter. I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy, and knew I would have to lose weight once again. When she turned 3 years old in 2017, I had 30 pounds to lose and finally decided that I was ready to make the change. Being a mom is not always easy (hello sleep deprivation!) and you don’t always have time to make yourself a priority, but I knew I needed to take care of myself and my health. I was able to successfully lose 30 pounds in 7 months by eating a healthy diet (which I would love to share with you!) and using the knowledge I acquired from my background in nutrition.
Nutrition counseling for weight loss and weight management is my passion! I have personally been through the ups and downs of weight loss and can relate to the journey. I would love to work with you to reach your own goals!
Brooke Zigler, MPP, RDN, LD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and owner of Brooke Zigler Nutrition, LLC. Brooke specializes in nutrition counseling for weight management.
- Master of Public Policy, American University
- Bachelor of Science, Nutrition and Food Science, University of District of Columbia, Summa Cum Laude
- Dietetic Internship, University of Houston
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science and Sociology, Towson University, Cum Laude
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Business and Communication Dietetic Practice Group
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, The Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian, Texas Department of Licensing and Registration